Emma Cynthia Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Leighton Brooke Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

For Father's Day, Chris and I went to brunch with his Dad "Pop" and Betsy. We felt this was the perfect time to tell them we are having a baby. We decided to let the gift speak for itself. The gift was a frame. On the bottom, it read, "Great Dads get promoted to Grandpa." Unfortunately, it didn't sink in for either of them, so Chris had to tell them that I am pregnant. They were very excited and can't wait to be grandparents.

We told my dad the news the week before. I wanted to let them know before flying to Florida to surprise my grandmother "Mema" with the news. I felt it was appropriate to tell Mema in person that she was going to be a great-grandmother.

Chris got a couple of Father's Day cards too. This time next year, he will be the father of a 5-month old. So exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment