Emma Cynthia Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Leighton Brooke Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, April 4, 2011

Itsy Bitsy Yoga

Emma and I had our first Mommy-Baby Yoga class.  We went with my friend Kara and her son Jack.  Jack was born a week before Emma.  It's actually a funny story how Kara and I met.  It was during football season last year.  I was 7 or 8 months pregnant.  South Carolina was playing Tennessee and I couldn't get the game at home.  I decided to go to a sports bar.  Chris had to work that day, so I was by myself.  In walks Kara, who was just as pregnant, inquiring about the game.  She apparently was a Tennessee fan.  She ended up sitting right next to me.  Her husband (also an attorney) was stuck at work that day and she wanted to watch the game.  We ended up watching the game together, talking babies and football.  Can you imagine how annoying this must have been for the bartender?!  Two pregnant women drinking water for 2 hours.  Oh well!  It was crazy how much Kara and I had in common.  We are the same age.  We are both from the South.  We obviously love football enough to watch it by ourselves at a sports bar.  We were both pregnant.  She was due one week before me.  Our husbands are attorneys and were both at work that day.  Kara and I stayed in touch throughout our pregnancies, and I hope we'll be friends for a long time. 

I wish I had taken a picture of the yoga class.  All of the babies were on mats next to their mommies.  It was really funny.  Emma did great.  She got a little fussy at the end, but that was fine by me.  I needed a break!  Here is Emma posing with Jack and Katalina (another baby from class).



Emma and Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment